January 6, 2006

Ricotta cake עוגת ריקוטה





I baked this cake in 25 cm round baking dish,but It's too big,I think 22 cm will be better.The recipe is taken from Italian Cooking and living magazine -7+8/2005
Recipe
9 oz fresh
ricotta

1 1/4 cups sugar
3 eggs ,separated
1 lemon
2 1/4 ts active dry yeast
2 1/4 cups AL (or cake) flour

confectioner's sugar for susting
halved strawberries for garnish

Preheat the oven to 350F.
In a bowl,combine the ricotta with the sugar.Add the egg yolks, and stir until creamy.Grare the lemon Zest into the batter, add the yeast, and stir.
Add the flour,stirring,until incorporated,and set aside.In a separate bowl,beat the egg whites to stiff peaks,andfold into the batter.Pour the batter into a buttered round cake pan,and bake for about 35 (30) minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.Flip onto a platter and dust with con' sugar.
To serve,arrange the halved strwberries around..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've discovered your blog by blogtopsite, I'm interested in your ricotta cake, but not only :)
My exploration has just begun :)

Chanita Harel חני הראל said...

scherneel ,
Welcome and Thank you for your comment , glad to see you here! :-)
Your site is fantastic, I visited you today Too.. !(I'll read more later)
Please don't over bake this cake(like I did..) ;)

Creative Commons License
יצירה זו מופצת תחת רישיון ייחוס-שימוש לא מסחרי-איסור יצירות נגזרות 1.0 Israel של Creative Commons. Creative Commons License
by TwitterButton.com