January 31, 2007

Vlad studio has some new wallpapers for you and for me too -nice for Valentines Day , I like them this time more .. here is the red one, here is another red one, the "Cloud Makers" is cute too ..

3 Imported (don't ask me why not Israeli made..) quinces were left in my kitchen..

adding sugar..


last week I cooked 3 whole quinces in water, until they were half soft; then I cut them to small pieces, to 700 gr cooked quinces I added 350 gr sugar, some of the cooking water , and cooked them, until I get something like quinces jam.. I don't know if this is the 'right' way to make quinces jam, but It's very good, and I like it this way !



Oreganato Bread/Submitted by dstroy-The Fresh Loaf -Recipe adapted from Brother Juniper's Bread Book
4 C flour
3/8 C polenta (course ground corn meal or regular corn meal)
2 t granulated garlic or 2 T crushed fresh garlic
3 t dried parsley
2 t dried oregano
1 t black pepper
1 T instant yeast
1 T salt
1 1/4 - 1 3/4 C water (I use 1 3/4 cupe water)
Mix all the dry, add water and mix until you've got something you can knead, then knead it for approx. 10 minutes. Let it rise for 1 1/2 hours.
Roll it out flat and top with whatever you have. Full recipe ;[ Reading:Pain Sur Poolish+When Yeasts Attack: A First Experience with Naturally Leavened Bread/by Floydm +Wild Yeast Sourdough Starter/by SourdoLady +Sourdough Feeding Chart/ by carltonb ]

* The Oreganato Bread was nice , but maybe adding some cheese, can make him better..

I've found this Japanese Plum Wine[How to make it] , any Idea .. how to use it (aperitif) ? or shell we drink it ?..

another jar with 'Mixed vergetable Pickle' [this one is empty now-recipe !],but this time with more cabbage and celery (less turnips- eveמ I like them !) -ready to eat in 5 days +- ..

יום רביעי - כבושים חדשים יוצאים לדרך...

.. giving your (old) kitchen a 'new look' with butterfly stickers.. [mine are from a sticky wallpaper..]



Correcting an old recipe: In December 2005 I wrote about "What to make with extra egg whites".. this time 7 egg whites; By mistake the recipe was written (by me) wrong, and I did it the wromg way..My mom's Studenten brot needs 7 TB oil, not 2 Tb oil as I wrote.. so here is my studenten Brot not the way it should be ... so for the next time... (my freezer ate most cake pieces..) ;-)
And now - what's new in some of the Israeli Food Forums ?-
Ort Israel Food Forum : judi
makes wonderful desserts like always ; Andriy is telling us about a good bakery in Haifa , a small place, which Sari visited today - yummy .Eilend makes his weekly new dish, like a chef !; Amy make a nice soup in a cup .Adili bakes wonderful Breads like always and much more ; --- Al hashulcha - Foodblog : Liat and Doron are making a Step by step Couscous with many nice pics ! ככה מכינים קוסקוס אוריגינל-תודה לליאת ודורון על הפוסט המקסים
Tapuz : some members celebrated their birthdays.. this week, so they gut blessings like this one.. [please enlarge the pic]

New recipes around the world:
* Martha Stewart's
Chocolate-Covered Strawberries ; Post-gazette - 3 "Coffee Cakes"

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Creative Commons License
יצירה זו מופצת תחת רישיון ייחוס-שימוש לא מסחרי-איסור יצירות נגזרות 1.0 Israel של Creative Commons. website counter Creative Commons License Subscribe in a reader Subscribe to My Mom's Recipes And More by Email
by TwitterButton.com