March 14, 2007

פוקאצ'ה

Few days after our wonderful meal at Raphael's restro-bistro ,I couldn't stop thinking about that long and tasty Focaccia we ate there...so I asked for a recipe for this Bread in the Hebrew Food forum (ort) and was looking for the right recipe in the Israeli net too. 2 recipes were found: the first one was written by Yael p. from Ort- this was Boaz Sharbai's recipe (I)for 4 Breads, the results.. were good , but it's wasn't that focaccia (thr 'real' one is baked in a professional oven at the restaurant , maybe with stones..); The next recipe was found in "Al hashulchan" site , I'm not sure this is the real Rapheal's recipe (II) for that focaccia, but I felt I have to try it too, and Today ! .I have to admit :the 2 recipes are good , but I didn't get the Focaccia I was looking for ..
Focaccia IFocaccia I /Chef Boaz Shrbai פוקצ'ה לפי השף בועז שרעבי500 gr AP flour
10 gr olive oil (1 1/2 TB)
10 gr salt
5 gr fresh yeast or 1 ts dry yeast (=1 ts)
30 gr sugar (I use only 2 ts sugar)
300 ml water
knead a dough and let it rise for 1 hour.cut to- 4 parts and let them rise for another 30 minutes, covered.roll each part to a ball and let them rise for 30 minutes more.stretche each one to a long oval (now you can brush it with olive oil ans salt/ add onion, olives...); Bake in a very hot oven 6-10 minutes. brush the baked Focaccia with olive oil .. salt.
מתקבלות 4 פוקצ'ות מאורכות ודיי רכות, ניתן למילוי כמו פיתה- טעים אבל לא כפי שאכלנו במסעדה

Focaccia II Focaccia II /Chef Rafi Cohen-" פוקאצ'ה לפי השף רפי כהן מ"על השולחן
for 15 small Breads

1 kg AP flour
1/2 TB sugar
30 gr fresh yeast or 10 gr dry yeast
1/2 TB salt
700-800 water
Make a dough ,knead for 10 minutes, let it rise for 2 hours.[If you have a large baking stone, heat it first (350c)] -- if you don't use a baking stone, like me, preheat the oven to 220C, divide the dough to 15 balls, make a long oval shape from each one , add olive oil and salt, let them rise for 10 minutes and bake them in the hot oven for 7-10 minutes..מתקבלות חמישה עשר פוקצ'ות קטנות יחסית פריכות מבחוץ, עם חללי אויר בפנים-טעימות אבל שוב:לא כפי שאכלנו במסעדה, מתברר שתנור לבנים מקצועי ומתכון לגמריי מדוייק - אולי בצק נוזלי יותר עושים את המאפה במסעדה כל כל טעים
The 2 Breads - left- the above II recipe and right is the I recipe
Ran's salad - small radishes with mixed pickles - yummy
Chanita Harel© כל הזכויות שמורות על תכנים ותמונות שלנו התפרסם היום בבלוג האוכל של חניתה הראל ורן This content belongs to Chanita Harel at My Mom’s Recipes And More. All writing and photography copyright © 2005-2010 unless otherwise indicated. All rights reserved.http://momsrecipesandmore.blogspot.com
AddThis Social Bookmark Button

2 comments:

Roberto said...

You never stop amazing me with the great creativity you have when baking is all about. Why should that be?... Of course is Chanit!!. Problem is I came to visit your blog and I haven't eaten yet so you can imagine my face now ah?!. Fat hugs from me to you. Hope you are right.

chanit said...

dear roberto ,
I'm sorry about my late answer
I realy want to thank you for all of your sweet comments and for visiting me !!!

* Even this wasn't the 'real' Focaccia like we ate there , I'll keep tring more and more .... ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Creative Commons License
יצירה זו מופצת תחת רישיון ייחוס-שימוש לא מסחרי-איסור יצירות נגזרות 1.0 Israel של Creative Commons. website counter Creative Commons License Subscribe in a reader Subscribe to My Mom's Recipes And More by Email
by TwitterButton.com