June 14, 2007

No, it's not a Baguette.. this bread has a cricpy crust and a white and soft inside.. good for me this way ; I haven't that long baking sheets for baking a real Baguette, there is a local store which sells something like that pan 'hand-made' .. and like it was made of gold..; even my oven isn't a professional one , so to be fair.. It's a french style one not the real one , this time .. ; I'm working now, for a few days on a new Bread recipe, from the same Cookbook * , which will be more authentic (I hope) :Sourdough French Bread, I'll bake it as soon as the starter will be ready to use, so - please come back and visit me - soon, I'll be realy thankful for that.

French-Style Bread [not a Baguette]
Yields :2 loaves לחם בסגנון צרפתי, לא באגט

14 gr dry active yeast
2 1/2 cups warm water (105-115F)
1 TB salt
1 TB melted butter
6 1/2 cups AP flour (1 cup flour =140 gr)
1 1/2 TB cornmeal
1 egg white
1 Tb cold water

In a large mixer bowo (or by hand)dissolve the yeast in warm water,stir gently.add the salt and butter.stir in 2 1/2 cups of the flour,mix with your mixer for 2 minutes. blend in 1 more cup of flour,and mix for 2 minuts. add enough of the remaining flour, and knead for few minutes.place in a large bowl, cover and let rise until doubled (1 hour) .Punch the dough down and turn it out on a floured board,knead for a minute or two; divide in half. shape each half into a long loaf.Sprinkle a large baking sheet with the cornmeal ,place the loaves on the baking sheet, let them rise until double in bulk( about 1 hour). Score the surfaces by making several diagonal cuts (1/4 inch deep) .Brush with egg white mixed with 1 TB cold water.Preheat the oven to 400F (200c) , place a pan of hot water on the bottom of the oven, and bake until golden brown, about 55 minutes .remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack. serve warm.. (* this recipe is based on "Bread & Soup CookBook" by Yvonne young tarr)

John Barrowman & Ruthie Henshall - "Anything You Can Do"


This week surprise :
There is a fresh new Food channel here in Isreal,born on 11.6.2007 , here is a short video of some of the Israeli chefs from this channel . I wrote about it - here, few days ago .

So, this TV chennel 'Haim Tov' (Good Life) on the net added my Nan -e barbari (persian flat bread ) story and recipe as I wrote about it in this post in my Blog, it was added to the You Food category . Also my mom's recipe Food Blog was added to thier list in the same place (with a link to me).I'm thankful for that. [more TV programmes in this Israeli new food channel are : Nigella's + Rosemary Shrager's , Rachel's Favorite Food At Home , Every Day With Rachael Ray and many others ]

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Creative Commons License
יצירה זו מופצת תחת רישיון ייחוס-שימוש לא מסחרי-איסור יצירות נגזרות 1.0 Israel של Creative Commons. website counter Creative Commons License Subscribe in a reader Subscribe to My Mom's Recipes And More by Email
by TwitterButton.com