September 21, 2007

Jerusalem Artichoke's Bread ...


A Bread made of baked Jerusalem artichoke ? ..
Few days ago, I was reading an old
Israeli cooking magazine ,(12/2003- דרך האוכל גיליון 29), which I've found there an article about the Jerusalem artichoke. The hebrew heading was : 'not artichoke and not Yerushalmi ' , which means it's not an artichoke ..and not a Jerusalem resident . The Jerusalem artichoke origin is in Italy (and in the US before that)..it has a texture which reminds a potato ,and large variety of dishs can be made of this vegetable.I've found there recipes for salads,soups, nice orange chips ! ,a pasta dish, a dessert made of Jerusalem artichoke ! , yes (I'm not going to try that one..) and finally I found a Bread recipe.
It was Erez Komorovsky's recipe for Jerusalem artichoke's Bread.[Here is his Hebrew site האתר של לחם ארז] ; Erez Komorovsky is a very well known baker and chef in Israel, he makes very special Breads and food. So, few hours before the Yom Kippur, I've baked his Bread- 3 small and nice Bread loafs. This bread is made of Jerusalem artichoke's baked mash with baked garlic, honey, Nigella seeds and more..
I've changed a bit his recipe, and here comes the full ,step by step recipe .
Jerusalem Artichoke's Bread לחם מארטישוק ירושלמי
For 3 small loafs ל-3 כיכרות קטנות
400 gr AP flour
140 gr whole wheat flour
10 gr dry yeast=1 TB or 30 gr fresh yeast
270 ml water
230 gr Jerusalem Artichoke baked in the oven with garlic,olive oil and mashed
1/2 TB honey
1 TB Nigella ( and not 1/4 cup like Erez uses)-but ,I don't like Nigella in my Bread ..
Rosemary (which I didn't add)
1 ts salt
How :1. Knead all dough ingredients together, except the salt for 5 minutes
2. Add the salt and knead for 5 minutes more.
3. Cover the dough and let rise for 2 hours.
4.Punch down the dough, and to 3 parts ; cover for 20 minutes.
5. Roll the 3 balls and let them rise for 1 1/2 hours.
6. Bake in a hot oven - 400F for 25- 30 minutes .













רעיון נוסף להכנה מארטישוק ירושלמי , לקוחים מאותו גיליון הנזכר מעלה
ארטיצ'יפס- של איתי רפאלי ממסעדת תהל:חטיף קל, פריך ,שניתן לאכול ככה או בתוספת מטבלים שונים, איך עושים:מקלפים ארטישוק ירושלמי וקוטמים את הקצוות באלכסון. בעזרת קולפן חותכים לפרוסות דקות. מטגנים בשמן עמוק עד להזהבה קלה. לא ניסיתי עדיין אבל נקרא לי טעים
לחם ארטישוק ירושלמי
ארבע מאות גרם קמח לבן,140 גרם קמח מלא,30 גרם שמרים טריים - אני שמתי כף שמרים יבשים,270 מ"ל מים,230 גרם ארטישוק ירושלמי קלוי בתנור בשמן זית,שום כתוש ורוזמרין,חצי כף דבש,קצח- ארז שם רבע כוס, אני שמתי כף, לדעתי לוותר על קצח, אלא אם אתם מאוד אוהבים את התבלין ,צרור רוזמרין- אני לא שמתי,כפית מלח
:הכנת הלחם
מעבדים את כל החומרים מלבד המלח,לשים 5 דקות. מוסיפים את המלח ולשים 5 דקות נוספות. אני הכנתי את הבצק במיקסר, כולל הלישה
.מכסים את הבצק ומניחים לשעתיים להתפחה
.מחלקים את הבצק ל-3 חלקים ומניחים ל- 20 דקות נוספות
.יוצרים מהבצק כדורים אחידים ומניחים לשעה וחצי
.אופים בתנור בחום גבוה-200 מעלות כ-25 דקות

Chanita Harel© כל הזכויות שמורות על תכנים ותמונות שלנו התפרסם היום בבלוג האוכל של חניתה הראל ורן This content belongs to Chanita Harel at My Mom’s Recipes And More. All writing and photography copyright © 2005-2010 unless otherwise indicated. All rights reserved.http://momsrecipesandmore.blogspot.com
AddThis Social Bookmark Button

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Chanit,

Thanks a lot for your Jerusalem Artichoke's Bread recept. I'm writing a paper about Jerusalem Artichoke and your recept is the first one that I find about how to make a bread. I'm gonna try it and if you allow me I will use it for my paper.:)

Take care,
Wies

Chanita Harel חני הראל said...

Hi Wies
You can use this Breas recipe , please add the credit for our Food Blog.can you please send me later your papaer I'm curious..
Thanks , Chanit

Chanita Harel חני הראל said...

Breas = Bread ..sorry :)

Unknown said...

Hi Chanit,

Thanks!
I would love to send you my paper, but it might be a bit hard to understand. It is written in Dutch....

Have fun,
Wies

Creative Commons License
יצירה זו מופצת תחת רישיון ייחוס-שימוש לא מסחרי-איסור יצירות נגזרות 1.0 Israel של Creative Commons. Creative Commons License
by TwitterButton.com