September 9, 2008

Chocolate snowballs עוגית שוקולד מושלגות


"One more Cookie for me , please !.."
Most easy recipe , for more then 20 rich, half soft chocolate snow balls. Just mixing the batter by hand, it's a real hit !

I think it's a winner recipe more then other "Chocolate Crackle Top Cookies" .
Please come back and tell me if you love these cookies as we do :-)
Thanks for visiting !!


Chocolate snowballs


Chocolate snowballs
200g dark chocolate, chopped - I use 60% Israeli chocolate
100g unsalted butter, chopped
3/4 cup (165g) caster sugar - I use only 150 g
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
225g plain flour
2 tbs cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup (150g) icing sugar - I use only 100 gr
H o wPreheat the oven to 175°C.
Place the dark chocolate and chopped butter in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water over low heat . Stir mixture until melted and smooth, then remove the bowl from the heat and stand for 5 minutes to cool. (I just cooked them on a low flame)
Using a wooden spoon, stir caster sugar into chocolate until dissolved. Gradually add eggs, stirring until well combined. Add vanilla, flour, cocoa and baking powder and mix until a smooth dough. Cover and chill for no more than 30 minutes to firm. (1 hour or more is better !)
Use hands to roll 2 level tablespoons of the dough into a ball. Repeat until you have 14 balls.(I've gut more cookie -about 20 ); D
ip each ball into the dish and dust heavily in icing sugar and place on the prepared trays about 2cm apart. Bake the snowballs for 10-12 minutes until firm to the touch. Cool on the trays.
--
Source: Delicious. - September 2007 , Page 95 -

Full recipe
Recipe by Kate Nichols

 

7 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Oh, they look so pretty and tempting! They are delicious little cookies!

Cheers,

Rosa

Marcela said...

Really wonderful these cookies... Perfect for a cup of coffee.
Bests,
Marcela

Anonymous said...

These cookies would be a perfect match to my hot cup of cocoa right now! They look delicious!

Anonymous said...

I almost fainted when I saw those photos...help, help, I have to make some right now! Thanks for this luscious recipe.

Mimi

Chanita Harel חני הראל said...

Thank you my dear rosa
Like always you're right , they were absolutely delicious :))

Chanita Harel חני הראל said...

Dear Marcela
Thank you :))

--

Dear miri - thank you , try them without any drink too העוגיות הללו הן משהו מיוחד,עדיין מתלהבת מהמתכון ומהתגובות של הטועמים שאכלו הכל, צריך להכין שוב לראש השנה :)

Chanita Harel חני הראל said...

Dear Mimi
Thank you , I'm glad you like these cookies post , please let me know if you love them .. :))

Creative Commons License
יצירה זו מופצת תחת רישיון ייחוס-שימוש לא מסחרי-איסור יצירות נגזרות 1.0 Israel של Creative Commons. Creative Commons License
by TwitterButton.com