June 4, 2016

The Best Ka'ach bilmalch(biscuies)-Yotam Ottolenghi+Sami Tamimi

ka'ach bilmalch biscuies and I'm back with you...
These savory biscuies recipe is from Yotam Ottolenghi and Sami Tamimi's cookbook 'Jerusalem'. Very easy to make, crispy (but not too much), we love them so much !. 

Let me know how much you love them... (I'm also here)
 
 
 *Ka'ach bilmalch*
 
 
Ka'ach bilmalch
You'll need for 30-40 biscuies (I've got 32):
500g plain flour, sifted
100ml sunflower oil (I use canola oil)
100g unsalted butter, diced and left to soften
1 tsp fast-action dried yeast
1 tsp baking powder, sifted
1 tsp sugar
1½ tsp salt
½ tsp ground cumin- I didn't add this
1½ tbsp fennel seeds, toasted and very lightly crushed- I didn't add this
about 100ml water (some more water)

Topping-
 1 medium free-range egg, whisked
2 tsp white and black sesame seeds-  I use also Za'atar

H O W:

Preheat the oven to 200c.

Place the sifted flour in a large bowl and make a well in the centre. (I use my mixer bowl).

Pour the oil into the well, add the butter, yeast, baking powder, sugar, salt and the spices (= if you use the spices) and stir together well until a dough is formed. Add the water gradually while stirring until the dough is smooth. Knead for a couple of minutes.

Line a baking sheet with baking parchment. Pinch pieces of the dough into small balls, about 25g each.
On a clean surface, roll the balls into long snakes, around 1cm thick and 12-13cm long. Form each snake into a closed ring and arrange on the baking sheet spaced about 2cm apart.
Brush each ring with the whisked egg and sprinkle lightly with sesame seeds (and/or Za'atar).
Leave to prove for 30 minutes.

Bake the biscuits in the oven for 20- 22 minutes, until golden brown. Allow to cool down before storing them in a clean jar or an airtight container.
They keep for up to 10 days.


My advise: please double this recipe.....

Chanita Harel at My Mom’s Recipes And More. http://momsrecipesandmore.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Thanks for your post! I’ve made this a few times, via the aforementioned cookbook, and I find the dough difficult to shape. Very crumbly. But tastes fantastic! Just makes for slow shaping. Do you happen to have any suggestions?
Thanks!
Josh

Creative Commons License
יצירה זו מופצת תחת רישיון ייחוס-שימוש לא מסחרי-איסור יצירות נגזרות 1.0 Israel של Creative Commons. Creative Commons License
by TwitterButton.com