A cookie on a stick עוגיה על מקל-מתכון בעברית
make ahead the Pate Sucree (Shortcrust pastry) -the pastry source France:The Beautiful CookBook/The Scotto Sisters
for 25 cookies : (For 500g pastry )
125g soft butter
90 g superfine (caster) sugar
250 gr AP (plain) flour
1 pinches of salt
H O W :
Pate Sucree (Shortcrust pastry) :
1. Cream the butter and sugar until plae and fluffy.Add the egg and mix for 30 seconds. Add the flour and salt and mix until a smooth dough forms.
2. Place the pastry on a work surface and knead until dough is smooth and elastic .
3. Warp the ball of dough in plastic and refrigerate for at least 2 hours (or better-longer). Remove from the refrigerator 1 hour before using. (any leftover pastry can be stored in the refrigerator for 4 days or frozen.
Making the cookies :
1. Preheat the oven to 400F (200 C) .
2. Roll out the dough not very thin and cut into 2in (5 cm) rounds.
3. Put any sweet filling (I use home-made plum Jam) in the center of each round, in the middle put a small stick and close with another pastry round.pinch nicely the ends.
4. Brush with egg white and bake for 15 minutes or until done .
Chanit.H© כל הזכויות שמורות על תכנים ותמונות שלנו
התפרסם היום בבלוג האוכל של חנית ורן
This content belongs to Chanit Harel at My Mom’s Recipes And More. All writing and photography copyright © 2005-2009 unless otherwise indicated. All rights reserved.http://momsrecipesandmore.blogspot.com