October 14, 2013

Fluden - "The Lost Recipe was found !!" ..


Fluden
My grandmother,Devora (dora), was born in Passover 1909 ,she came to Israel in 1950, some time ago ,we had some magic and exciting moments.. remembering ours beloved grandma.
I was asking my mom to find me grandmother's recipe for sour-cream dough filled with
Rahat and she told me:

"when you'll came on saturday..we'll look for it together in that small bag full with grandmother's recipes... " .
So mom took out one recipe , another recipe, everything was written by my grandmother in german in a handwriting mom reads so easily, and I can hardly understand, but when mom is reading the recipe aloud ,it's more clear to me .. There were many recipes , in some of them were written only the Ingredients.. couse grandma was a great baker, and she knew how much time to bake the cake and in which baking dish.. but I don't know... and then few minutes later , mom take out an old paper,rolled up, on top was written Fluden.. and inside was grandmother's fluden recipe.


She was old when she wrote this recipe.some letters were missing.. We all were waiting for this moment for years, today I found myself baking my first Fluden.. I hope like my grandmother use to bake.. more or less.
















My Grandmother Dvora's Fluden recipe

Dough:
4 cups flour + 1 1/4 ts baking powder [או כפית גדושה א.אפיה]
300 gr cold butter
200 ml sour cream (15% fat)
1 egg
1/2 or 3/4 cup sugar
Mix everything to a smooth dough. chill for few hours.

For the Filling Mix:
200 gr nuts
1/2 - 1 cup sugar (I use 1/2 , not like grandma use to do)
1 small lemon or 1/2 of a large one - juice and peel
1/2 cup or 1 cup jam (this time I use 1/2 cup)
2 TS honey

9 X 13 in baking dish . Makes about 30 Bars



H O W
Preheat the oven to 170-175C. Cut the dough into 2 parts, roll the first half to fit the baking dish. Spread over the filling, roll the other half and arange on the filling. Make cuts all over to sign the portions (It's more easy to cut the cake after baking) you can cut the dough as in the picture or larger portins as you like.
Brush with water, put some sugar all over. Bake for 40-45 minutes.
--

Now we're looking for grandmother's recipe for sour-cream dough filled with rahat .. I realy hope this recipe will be found sooner than the Fluden recipe.
1 more Fluden recipe is -
Here :-)

המתכון הזה מוגן בזכויות יוצרים ואינו להפצה או תרגום ברשת ללא קבלת רשות כתובה מאתנו

12 comments:

sailu said...

Beautiful picture!
Chanit you are so so fortunate to have hand written recipes of your grandmother.You sure must treasure them!

Chanita Harel חני הראל said...

Thank you sailu !
I hope to post some grandma recipes as soon as I can ;)

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

I'm already looking forwards to the recipe which I'm sure is delicious - according to your yummy pictures!

wheresmymind said...

Beautiful presentation! I've never had turkish delights before, but after seeing "Narnia" I want to try :)

lost in thoughts said...

Hi, Blog hopped to reach your blog & its look wonderful !

The bars sound & look really yummy !

-Sonali

Krithika said...

Need to definitely try this. Isn't this concept same as Baklava ? In this we use Cake batter instead of Phyllo sheets. Looking forward to more of your grandma's recipes.

Chanita Harel חני הראל said...

Rosa,Thank you !!
This recipe, is realy very good (the dough is crispy the way I like it) and more easy than you can think of..

Chanita Harel חני הראל said...

Hi Jeff !
turkish delights .. did you taste it..? and who is "Narnia"?..
Thanks for all your nice comments ;)

6:16 AM

Chanita Harel חני הראל said...

Sonali Welcome !!
It's so nice to see you here.
And.. now I'm going to visit you , in your 2 nice Blogs !!
Thank you for your comment :-)

Chanita Harel חני הראל said...

krithika Welcome !!
It's not like Baklava,I know Baklava is SO tasty !
I hope you'll love this cake,
Thanks for your comment :-)

Dolce said...

Hi Chanit,

thank you very much for sharing this wonderful recipe with us!

Greetings from Munich, Claudia

Chanita Harel חני הראל said...

Dear Claudia
Thanks for your comment !
It was realy an unforgettable experience to find this recipe and to bake it for the first time :-)

Creative Commons License
יצירה זו מופצת תחת רישיון ייחוס-שימוש לא מסחרי-איסור יצירות נגזרות 1.0 Israel של Creative Commons. Creative Commons License
by TwitterButton.com