October 15, 2005

100% Whole Wheat Bread

Second Loaf -Saturday...As far as I can see.. I'll get the same Loaf again.. maybe the Bread didn't rise enough this time...SO,I'll bake the Third Loaf... as soon as I'll buy 100% whole wheat flour :-)
And,yes, this garden picture, with the NEW visitor.., makes me fill Better.. now ;-)
Can you see him? :-)





First Loaf - Friday
OK, This one was the first try,since last time I've bake this bread, but now I've made 2 mistakes... ! I KNOW the bread should be more light, larger..
Shell I tell you the secret?... :-)
First mistake... I didn't let the dough " rest 10 minutes", as written in the Recipe, I let it rise for 50 minutes. :-(
Second Mistake...I wanted to bake only 1 loaf, so I half all Ingrediants.. I add 2 ts dry yeast.. last time for 1 loaf, as I remember, i add 4 ts of yeast.. SO I'll give this recipe a second try..
In The recipe is written "FLEISCHMANN'S QuickRise Yeast",as we have here in Israel only one sort of dry yeast, and not this one :-( .. I think i should double it.. I'm going to bake another 100% Whole Wheat Bread !!!This Post
was first written in 6:29 AM Aug.3 2005., but I didn't baked it since then,SO, today is the day :-)
Let's start again.. this bread is a healthy bread made of - 100% Whole Wheat Flour !100% Whole Wheat BreadMakes 2 loaves.
8 to 8-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
2 packages FLEISCHMANN'S Active Dry or RapidRise Yeast (=4 כפיות )
2 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 cups water
1 1/2 cups milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil

1/4 cup honey
(I use less) - Full recipe

4 comments:

fethiye said...

Chanit! I was about to bake this, but instead I wanted to use the rye flour that I had. It would have been a nice coincident if we made it at the same time! :)

Chanita Harel חני הראל said...

Hi Fethiye !

I baked this bread before, It was realy fine and light!
I baked it with the Whole Wheat flour, I'm not sure It'll be the same with the rye, (less gluten)
Let me know please what you baked :-)

fethiye said...

chanit, I also baked this one before and pleased with the result. I also used wheat flour. this time I was looking for a different taste and bakes the russian black bread from that site: http://www.yogurtland.com/2005/08/21/russian-black-breadkara-rus-ekmegi/

Chanita Harel חני הראל said...

Your bread looks fine !! ,last year I've made another version of the black russian bread, but I ate it all by myself .. :-(

Creative Commons License
יצירה זו מופצת תחת רישיון ייחוס-שימוש לא מסחרי-איסור יצירות נגזרות 1.0 Israel של Creative Commons. Creative Commons License
by TwitterButton.com