January 25, 2006

Fougasse




My Fougasse isn't flat or ronde or like Fougasse (Pierre), but in 10 or 20 minutes I'll slice this Bread and we'll see...just wait.. :-) Ok.. I'm back: This Bread is rich in flavor and Very rich in smell ( buttery smell ) and Realy very tasty ! Oh, I'm very happy !
7 gr dried yeast (=2 ts)
1 ts sugar
3 cups plain flour
1 cup wholmeal plain flour
1 ts salt
water
1.Mix the yeast,sugar and 1/2 cup (=125 ml) of warm water in a bowl.cover and set aside in a warm place for 10 minutes, or until foamy.
2.Sift the flours and salt, make a well in the center. (I did this in the Mixer bowl), pour in 1 cup (=250 ml) of extra warm water and the foamy yeast. mix to a soft dough and gather into a ball.knead for 10 minutes or until smooth (by mixer..)
3.Place in a large, lightly oiled bowl,cover , and leave in a warm place for 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
4. Punch down the dough and knead for 1 minute. press into a large, oval shape 2 cm thick. Lay on a large, floured baking tray, cover and leave to rise for 20 minutes (I gave it more time to rise..)
Preheat the oven to 210C (415F).
5.Bake for 35 minutes, or until crisp (after 15 minutes spray with water to make the crust crispy- I didn't do this..)


Watch This animated masterpiece Film :The Wand Director : Nick Worthey -Intel Indies Film Contest Grand prize winner ! - I love this One .[Just click on "watch now"] +Lord of the Mop/Director: Alan Poon , a great one Too ! [+ Edit>Love/Director: Kiyong Kim ]-all Films at the same page !

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Chanit,

That bread looks incredible ... thank you for sharing!

Chanita Harel חני הראל said...

Thank you ivonne, I love this Bread,It's very easy to bake :-)

Sandra Le Petrin said...

Chanit, the second site you mention (fougasse "ronde") is not the fougasse bread as we know in Provence, it's more like a brioche (others call it "fouace") or a sweet bread. The real fougasse has to be flat, that's why it's laminated like that. In fact, a fougasse is a focaccia!!

Chanita Harel חני הראל said...

avital,Thanks for your clarification !
So now, I have to bake a real one ;)
I think your Breads are amazing.

Admin said...

I am not much into baking but since startin my food blog, I am quite tempted, and that bread looks very yummy. Linked you again for this weekend's linking carnival

Chanita Harel חני הראל said...

Thank you anthony, I'll be glad !! :-)

Creative Commons License
יצירה זו מופצת תחת רישיון ייחוס-שימוש לא מסחרי-איסור יצירות נגזרות 1.0 Israel של Creative Commons. Creative Commons License
by TwitterButton.com