November 9, 2006

Schneller Quarkstollen and more

A tense day here in Israel - saddening news again ,(+80 warnings !)
I was asking my mom..about 'better days' here when we were kids ..."No" she said..but one difference - Israeli behavior - one to the other .Can I change my world ?I'm trying ... I want things to be better .
Was I dramatic ? I hope I wasn't:I'm here to write about funny and yummy (I hope) things.. am I ? - SO even I think Israel is in the wrong way now.. I can't do nothing about , I can't even Stop the violence on the Israeli Net..Ok ,we'll start with a new joke taken from the Ask men new newsletter :
Blond Farmer: A man is driving down a country road when he spots a farmer standing in the middle of a huge field of grass. Of course, the farmer is blond.He pulls the car over to the side of the road and notices that the farmer is just standing there, doing nothing and looking at nothing.The man gets out of the car, walks all the way out to the farmer and asks, "Ah, excuse me, mister, but what are you doing?"The farmer replies, "I'm trying to win a Nobel Prize.""How?" asks the man, puzzled."Well, I heard they give the Nobel Prize to people who are out standing in their field!" And another joke :
Cheating Wife :A man goes to a shrink and says, "Doctor, my wife is unfaithful to me. Every evening, she goes to Larry's bar and picks up men. In fact, she sleeps with anybody who asks her! I'm going crazy. What do you think I should do?""Relax," says the doctor, "Take a deep breath and calm down. Now, tell me, exactly where is Larry's bar?"
- Coming soon :-)
A new Bread Link! : Mark Bittman shows how to make no-knead bread -the video +The Recipe/Adapted from Jim Lahey, Sullivan Street Bakery. I love it .
* Chocolate Tagliatelle - can you make this by hand ?
- - קיחלך בצל ופרג לפי ספר המתכונים-קנישס,גפילטע פיש'ס ומטעמים יהודים אחרים
שלוש וחצי כוסות קמח
ביצה
חצי כוס מים
שליש כוס סוכר
חצי כפית מלח
חצי כוס שמן
חצי שקית אבקת אפיה=5 גרם בדיוק
בצל בינוני קצוץ
זרעוני פרג שלם לזריה
לגומה בקמח המעורב עם אבקת אפיה, לצקת יתר חומרים וללוש לבצק.לרדד דק.לדקור במזלג, לחתוך לצורות רצויות ולאפות בחום בינוני עד שמוכן.אני הברשתי במים לפני האפיה וזריתי פרג

הדעות לגבי הקיחלך האלו במשפחתי היו חלוקות..חלקם טענו שמוצאן פולני , בגלל תכולת הסרכר בצק..
P o p p y - o n i o n - c o o k i e s - 'siblich kichlach'
3 1/2 cups AL flour
5 gr (=1 ts) baking powder
1 egg
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup oil
1/2 ts salt
1/3 cup sugar (or less)
1 small onion (but not very small..) chopped
Poppy seeds
Preheat the oven to 350F (180c)
Mix flour + baking powder,salt and sugar.
Make a hole in the flour and add the egg,water, oil and the chopped onion.
Mix to a soft dough, roll out thin(1/8 in thick) , prick with a fork, cut as you wish..brush with water and sprinkle with poppy seeds .Bake until golden color.
עוגת שטולן גרמנית מבצק גבינה במלית משמשים
Yes I know my Quarkstollen is not pretty like this one.. maybe I've baked it to much ?! anyway, it's a nice cake, the dried apricots which were cooked in orange juice are very tasty, SO if you need the English version, please let me know :-) just let u know- I prefer my stollen made with yeast dough, the filling is very good !

Schneller Quarkstollen

400 g getrocknete Soft-Aprikosen
200 ml Orangensaft
2 El Zitronensaft
150 g Zucker
100 g Mandelstifte
500 g Mehl
100 g Speisestärke
1 Pk. Backpulver
3 Eier (Kl. M)
Salz
250 g Magerquark
250 g kühle Butter
30 g Puderzucker

Zubereitung 1. Aprikosen würfeln, mit Orangensaft, Zitronensaft und 50 g Zucker aufkochen. Offen bei mittlerer Hitze 5 Min. kochen lassen, bis der Saft fast vollständig eingekocht ist; dabei ab und zu umrühren. Masse in eine Schüssel füllen, kurz pürieren und abkühlen lassen. Mandeln in einer Pfanne ohne Fett rösten, abkühlen lassen.Full Recipe and more (living at home)



השטולן הזה עשוי מבצק גבינה ולא מבצק שמרים כפי שעשוי שטולן גרמני מסורתי
יש לשנות את זמני האפיה ו/או החום, כי לפי ההוראות התקבלה לי עוגה קצת אפויה מדיי ולא יפה כמו בתמונה שלהם
למלית מישמש
לבשל 400 גרם מישמש יבש (אני חולטת אותו קודם), קצוץ גס יחד עם 200 גרם מיץ תפוזים,50 גרם סוכר ו-2 כפות מיץ לימון,להביא לרתיחה, ואז לבשל כ- 5דקות עד שהנוזלים נספגים ומתרכך. לצנן קצת למעוך למחית.
להכנת הבצק
לערבב בקערה גדולה 500 גרם קמח+1 שקית אבקת אפיה=10 גרם אבקה+100 גרם קורנפלור+ 100 גרם סוכר
לגומה בקמח לצקת 3 ביצים,250 גרם גבינת טוב טעם,1/4 כפית מלח, לערבב מעט ולחתוך פנימה 200 גרם חמאה קרה. לערבב הכל לבצק אחיד. לרדד את הבצק לגודל 40 על 40 ס"מ. למרוח המלית הפושרת או הקרה, ניתן לפזר 100 גרם שקדים משובבים או אחרים- אני לא שמתי
לגלגל לרולדה , לאפות ב חום בינוני+ (200 מעלות היה גבוה חום גבוהה מדיי), כ-45 דקות , לבדוק
כשחם למרוח ב50 גרם חמאה מומסת חמה, ומיד לבזוק באבקת סוכר -כ- 30 גרם
אשמח לקרוא תגובות ממי שהכין ויצא לו כמו בתמונה,ניתן להעביר את המתכון עם קישור בלבד ... :-)"Schneller Quarkstollen" in English- Stollen Cake made with QuarkPreheat the oven to 190C
First cook the apricot filling:
Mix 400 gr dried apricots + 200 gr orange juice + 50 gr sugar+2 TB lemon juice, bring to boiling point and then cook for 5 minutes, cool this mixture for few minutes and then mash it to a puree.
Now make the dough:
Mix 500 gr AP flour+10 gr baking powder+100 gr sugar+100 gr cornflour.Make a hole in the center and add: 3 eggs ,250 gr Quark cheese and 1/4 ts salt.Now add 200 gr butter-cold and chopped , mix into a soft dough.Roll to 40 X 40 cm. Spread the cold filling, (almonds can be added now)roll to a long roll,and bake for 45 minutes +-. when the cake is still very hot brush with 50 gr melted butter and sprinkle with 30 gr icing sugar .

8 comments:

wheresmymind said...

Man...ya'll need some happy news over there :D

Anonymous said...

Hello, I have been visiting your blog and I enjoy it a lot. Can you please post the English version of the Quartstollen recipe; it looks so delicios.

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

I find that your Quarkstollen looks beautiful and very appetizing; even better that the other one, because it looks real (in my opinion)!

That sounds like an interesting recipe...

Anonymous said...

Hello Chanit. I would like that english version of Schneller Quarkstollen. Can I have it?, would I have it?, should I prepare it?. Say yes, say yes :). A few days ago I was thinking in the other stollen, the one stuffed with marzipan and some nuts made in december, but this one you have in your blog looks great! because of those apricots, here at the supermarkets I've seen apricots everywhere, plus is a diferent flavor. Hope you can share that recipe in english because my german is pretty rotten, well not rotten, a better expresion would be pretty naive. Thanks Chanit.

Chanita Harel חני הראל said...

Jeff - thank you, now we have better days here, and It's still the weekend SO it's always nice ! ;)

Chanita Harel חני הראל said...

Dear Anonymous Welcome
I hope the english version helps.. :-)

Chanita Harel חני הראל said...

Dear rosa
thank you, your comments makes me feel good , about this cake too, some pieces are in my freezer , It's not bad, but maybe the cornflour makes an hard dough(after baking),
I always love your comments, thanks for visiting . :-)

Chanita Harel חני הראל said...

roberto Hi and Welcome ,
I hope the full recipe helps you, thanks for visiting me ! :-)

Creative Commons License
יצירה זו מופצת תחת רישיון ייחוס-שימוש לא מסחרי-איסור יצירות נגזרות 1.0 Israel של Creative Commons. Creative Commons License
by TwitterButton.com