December 17, 2006

Ciambellone allo Zafferano - Saffron Ring Cake

pic 1 + pic 2 + history + more about Domaine de Latroun winery
"The Latroun Monastery, also known as the monastery of the silent monks, is located on the highway that leads to Jerusalem, in the foothills adjacent to the Latroun Junction..."
Domaine De Latroun
Tasting : ELIXIR - The alcoholic beverage made off many(100!) herbal extracts (aniseed too) ,I'm not sure if you can buy this Elixir outside Israel(here you can buy it only in thier shop) ; yesterday I was taking a very small glass (above glass is mine..) It's good for getting better when you have a cold or avoiding getting one..
The Elixir Box

Ciambellone allo Zafferano - Saffron Ring Cake 
עוגת זעפרן איטלקית ללא שומן
Ingredients :
12 ounces Ricotta Cheese
3 cups flour
1 1/4 cups sugar
3 eggs
1 orange, zested
1 lemon, zested
1 1/2 tsp Clabber Girl Baking Powder
1 pinch saffron dissolved in the warm juice of the orange
More sugar for dusting
Instructions
Squeeze the orange, warm the juice slightly and steep the saffron in it. Mash the ricotta until creamy. Add the sugar, zests, eggs, and half of the orange juice, mix well. Fold in the flour and the baking powder.Full recipe



gad-dairy -Israel this yogurt is thick and sour - yummy !
Berliner Pfannkuchen סופגניות עם הפס הלבן

I love the goat's milk yogurt made by
This is a low fat cake , the cake mixture is very very thick and .. my leftover ricotta cheese is in ...add 2 pinchs of saffron ..!Please click on above picture ... and now listen to :Terry Jacks Seasons in the sun - Have a great day where ever you are :-)

4 comments:

wheresmymind said...

ooh...saffron...fan-CY!

Anonymous said...

Very interesting... nice recipe! Ciao.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I also love Latroun wines and the recipe with Yogurt Ezim is simple and very good.

Chanita Harel חני הראל said...

Hi jeff,
I should put more saffron.. I want my cake realy yellow ! :-)

Hi orchidea !
The other part of my family liked this cake more than I did , I think the fact there is NO fat at all..makes the cake more firm.

Hi home cook !
where do you find these wines?

Iwant to thank you for visiting me ! :-)

Creative Commons License
יצירה זו מופצת תחת רישיון ייחוס-שימוש לא מסחרי-איסור יצירות נגזרות 1.0 Israel של Creative Commons. Creative Commons License
by TwitterButton.com