December 25, 2006

Oatmeal and Orange cookies

Now It's very cold here, in Israel but the morning was warm, without any cloud in the sky, No rain in Israel for a month or more.. we're hoping a real winter will come in a day or 2; Israel needs some water..
Walking in the sun makes me feel very good , not in the summer of course.. so here you can see part of me ( my shadow.. ) in the sun..wait we're going to bake some new cookies in a minute or 2..





















I was walking,and walking , the sun was so good; Suddenly,near a big garbage can.. she was lieing there.. looking for some food or just enjoying the sun like me.. here is she :You have to enlarge her photo : a white cat with green eyes.. she was watching me ...

The evening comes here very early, in this time of the year..at 5:00 afternoon It's dark outside.. and cold; you can wear another sweater, drink another cup of Tea.. hot , with honey or brown sugar (no milk - thank you); and you can bake something, you'll become warmer in few minutes, yes It's true. So, I took my very old notebook ,here :

















I was looking for a new recipe , maybe for any cookies , without too much eggs (4 eggs were left in the fridge) .. I was reading recipes ,most of them were old and my favorite; here is the Hebrew recipe for the cookies I've baked today: Oatmeal and Orange cookies ;
(that pink bookmark was made by me some years ago..)


Oatmeal and Orange cookies
עוגיות שיבולת שועל בניחוח תפוז 
Makes 60 cookies
1 3/4 cups AP flour4 ts baking powder
1/4 ts salt
1 ts cinnamon
1 ts nutmeg
1 cup butter (=240 gr) softened
3/4 cup sugar (white sugar) *
3/4 cup dark brown sugar
*2 eggs
3 TB orange juice
3 cups quick cooking oats
grated orange peel

Preheat the oven to 375F (190c)
Mix : flour+baking p.+salt+cinnamon and nutmeg and set aside .In a large bowl beat butter and sugars (whire & brown sugar)until light ,add eggs , grated orange peel and then orange juice .beat in the floure mixture. now add the oats.make balls with a TB; put them in a large tin 2in apart (15 cookies each time) bake in the hot oven 12 minutes .
* The cookies are not too sweet,crispy and good ! :-)
* If you like your cookies sweeter use: 1 cup white sugar + 1 cup brown sugar .

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a timely post! I was just looking in my pantry and trying to decide what to make with a huge thing of oatmeal I had. I found a recipe for oatmeal bread, but I think I'll go for the cookies! Sounds yummy!

Chanita Harel חני הראל said...

Thank you kristen !
My family likes them, they are low fat cookies and you'll get lot of cookies here..

Anonymous said...

איזה חתול נחמד

ממש אוהב את העיניים שלו

Chanita Harel חני הראל said...

תודה בורקהבוי יקירי
גם אני התלהבתי מהעניים, מהצבע, ואיך שלא חדלו להביט בי
כייף לי תמיד לראות אותך כאן
Thank you burekaboy !

Creative Commons License
יצירה זו מופצת תחת רישיון ייחוס-שימוש לא מסחרי-איסור יצירות נגזרות 1.0 Israel של Creative Commons. Creative Commons License
by TwitterButton.com