December 26, 2005

Mom's Studenten brot Recipe עוגת התפוחים של אמא ולחם הסטודנטים של אמא

 

Baking This Wonderful "Blitz-Schokokuchen" or 'The 200 cake' again. עוגת שוקולד המאתיים
200 gr chocolate (50%)
200 gr butter
200 gr sugar
200 gr ground nuts
1 ts +1/4 ts baking powder
1 ts vanilla
4 eggs room temp.
----------------------------
Preheat the oven to 160C

Melt the butter+chocolate.Mix the chocolate mixture, add sugar, nuts,baking powder,vanilla, and finally the eggs, beat well after each egg.. pour into a 26cm round baking dish. bake for 40-45 minutes.













Very Easy Apple Cake עוגת תפוחים של אמא







7 apples
3 eggs
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup oil
2 cups AP flour
2 ts baking powder
----------------------
Any other fruit can be added, like :plums, apricots, peachs.. and more.
----------------------
Preheat the oven to 180C (350f)
Cut peeled Apples into round bakind dish. (add some golden sugar)
Mix :eggs+oil+sugar.
Add flour mixed with baking powder.
Pour over fruit.Bake 45-50 minutes until done









from grandma+grandpa..many years ago !













"Mom's Studenten brot" לחם הסטודנטים של אמא וסבתא גם
What to make with extra egg whites? ,Extra I mean more than one or two..

I realy have no extra egg whites right now, but Mom reminds me of her "Studenten brot", It's a family recipe, my grandma Dora used to bake this cake, many years ago.
I realy don't know how this wonderful cake got this name.. It means " student Bread" , even I'ts a Cake ,anyway..I like this name.. and I love the cake..!
I hope to bake mom's cake as soon as I get 7 Egg Whites !

Mom's Studenten brot Recipe :
7 egg whites
7 TB sugar
7 TB flour
7 TB oil
1/2 lemon juice+grated peel
---------------------------------------
raisins, Candied Orange Peel, chocolate in small pieces.. as you wish .. that's all !
H O W
Preheated the oven to 170C .Whip the egg whites , than add the sugar.
Mix the flour with all other ingradients ,
Mix all together (add the oil if you want to)
Bake until done (for 50-60 minutes [In a round small baking dish or in a long one).

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

How many Studenten - students will lose their live ;-)? Sounds interesting. I only knew "Studentenfutter", a mixture of nuts and raisins to feed students.

Chanita Harel חני הראל said...

I've just told Mom about your new SITE (!)I hope she'll visit you too.
The banana cake - has 2 egg whites, so,It reminds mom of her 'studenten brot'= a cake ! (recipe soon!) also she told me about that "studentenfutter" ! -few years ago, visiting Germany Wir haben das gekauft und gegessen[ich hope das is not wrong geschrieben = written ;) ]

Sandra Le Petrin said...

Chanit, if you can't wait to bake your Mom's cake, I've got some recipes to use your extra egg yolks: for example, i posted yesterday a recipe for "creme catalane" in my blog, but i also have recipe for cookies using only egg yolk and even a french specialty, "le gâteau battu".
Hanoucca samea'h

http://sandrakavital.blogspot.com/2005/12/crme-catalane-aux-pices.html

Fran said...

Wish I could just dive right into my monitor--this all looks so delicious!

Chanita Harel חני הראל said...

avital Hi !
Thank you for all your great Ideas, hope to use them soon.
Love your Blog, soon we'll be in mine 'Favorites Link list'
Love the hanuka pics Too !
Happy holiday to you Too :-)

Chanita Harel חני הראל said...

Thank you fran ! ;)

Anonymous said...

Any fruit based bake is my fav, chanit this looks delicious!

Chanita Harel חני הראל said...

Thank you lera ! ;)

Anonymous said...

i made your very easy apple cake for shabbat and it was a huge hit. i made it in a 9 x 13" pan and i forgot to sprinkle sugar on the apples but it was soooo good. i am going to make it again this friday. thank you so much for all your great recipes.-amy:^)

Chanita Harel חני הראל said...

Hi amy
I'm glad to read thank you !! ;)

Anonymous said...

hi there chanit!made your easy apple cake and came out great.just added some lemon juice to chopped apples and a little cinammon on top of them ( sorry,buti'm one of those who likes to adapt recipes) and some sultana raisins.got to know about your blog via burekaboy's one.great blogs those of you two!Many thanks from spain;)

Ayesha Khan said...

Shalom/Peace, or Assalam o alaikum, which means Peace be upon you, in Arabic.

Thank you Chanit,
You must be a WONDERFUL cook. I love your page. Inshallah, God-willing, I will try some of your recipes. Thank you for taking the time to share.
I am a Canadian Ahmadi Muslim living in Georgia. Studentenfutter is a German recipe for potatoes and eggs, which I inherited, anyway. I'm not sure why it's in my family. Perhaps because my granny was a Mutter!?
My son is drooling over your food...must bake.Thanks again.

Unknown said...

hi, from TLV, looking for good and simple autumn recipes, came across your wonderful blog. Nehedar!

Creative Commons License
יצירה זו מופצת תחת רישיון ייחוס-שימוש לא מסחרי-איסור יצירות נגזרות 1.0 Israel של Creative Commons. Creative Commons License
by TwitterButton.com