July 12, 2006
Suzy's Cake/chocolate dessert's
by Pierre Hermé עוגת שוקולד של סוזי,פייר הרמה/gardenguides.com
8 3/4 ounces (250 grams) bittersweet chocolate, preferably Valrhona Guanaja, finely chopped
2 1/4 sticks (9 ounces; 250 grams) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup (200 grams) sugar
4 large eggs, at room temperature
1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon (70 grams) all-purpose flour
H O W1. Center a rack in the oven and preheat the oven to 350 degrees (180 degrees Celsius). Butter a 9-inch (24-cm) round cake pan that is at least 2 inches (5 cm) high, line the bottom with parchment paper, butter the paper, and dust the inside of the pan with flour; tap out the excess and set the pan aside.
2. Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over - not touching - simmering water and heat until the chocolate is melted; or melt the chocolate in a microwave oven. Set the chocolate aside to cool; it should feel only just want to the touch when you mix it with the rest of the ingredients.
3. Pour the butter and sugar in the bowl of a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment and beat on medium speed for about 4 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl frequently, until the butter is creamy and the sugar well blended into it. Add the eggs one at a time, beating for about 1 minute after each addition. Reduce the mixer speed to low, pour in the cooled chocolate, and mix until it is incorporated. With the mixer still on low, add the flour and mix only until it disappears into the batter. Alternatively, you can fold in the last of the flour with a rubber spatula. You'll have a thick, smooth, satiny batter that look like an old-fashioned chocolate frosting.
4. Scrape the batter into the pan, smooth the top, and slide the pan into the oven. Bake for 26-29 minutes, or until cake rises slightly and the top has lost its sheen. The top may crack a bit and the cake may not look entirely set in the center; when you test a cake by inserting a slender knife into the center, the knife will come out slightly streaked with batter, which is what you want. Transfer the cake to a rack to cool.
5. When the cake has cooled, chill it in the refrigerator for an hour or two to make it easy to unmold. Turn the cake out, remove the parchment, and invert the cake onto a serving platter so it is right side up.
Allow the cake to come to room temperature before slicing and serving. Full recipe - Here
* Askmen.com: Foods You Should Eat Daily + World's Healthiest Cuisines:Japanese & Chinese +Disgusting Foods That Are Good For You + [joke of the week]
* Rigo Jansci" - Hungarian Chocolate Cake , do you like this cake?
* Cold soups tickle the palate on hot days/Mackenzie Carpenter, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
* Berries make simple, decadent treats all summer/Amy McConnell Schaarsmith, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
* For Kids :Cooking Together: Chocolate Pudding + Pipe cleaner creatures - very nice !+ Artopia
Back to Food - My next Bread recipe is this one: French Country Bread ,we love Breads with whole wheat flour and bread flour .. More French recipes are here : "You’re Speakin’ My Language"..
* Why do we dream? /S. Craig Nevada City, Calif. [בריאות וחשיבות השינה]
* Corn and Porcini Risotto - recipe + The desset is in .. Bread and Butter Pudding
* I think this :Spicy Sicilian Eggplant Dip is yummy !! from Executive Chef John Cirillo of the Hilton Toronto Hotel, C.C.C. Captain of Culinary Team Ontario. thank you .[For more ACE Bakery's wonderful recipes, just click on "next recipe" at the end of every recipe, like this one , or this one.. הכל נראה טעים טעים
* Chocolate Bombe with Armagnac and Cherry Ice Cream From Zinc Bistro/azcentral.com
*" Summer's Happy Treat: For 5,000 years, juicy, cooling watermelons have hit the spot"/By Karen Gillingham
TRIBUNE MEDIA SE
It was a sad day today, here in Israel, for everyone[CNN). I think everyone in the whole world should know :How much we're longing for peaceful and quiet days. I'm realy not a political person, and here is a Food Blog, Isn't it?... shell I stop with this... Ok.I will . give me 30 more words .. and I'm back to the main subject :Food.
Even I was born here,I'm a Mom, I work near,my home is here , I'm realy not proud of every Israeli behavior...everywhere anytime.Can I change it? (In everyday life I try..with small things..believe me). I realy feel compassion for everyone who is injured . just let you know :The media doesn't bring Israeli people true story ,the feeling of a war next door.. But better days will come soon ! :-)
האיור לקוח מהניוזלטר האחרון של על השולחן, התמונה צולמה בספרד ע"י אחי בשבוע האחרון