April 5, 2008

3 Sweet Ideas and more.. רעיונות מתוקים חדשים


In the last Mercury News newsletter, I've found a new recipe for "Potato cinnamon rolls " ,
It's a very special recipe made by Bob Noland .Bob bakes these rolls for his family for years (it's his mom's recipe)
. you can ask me : what's So special in this recipe?..

- P o t a t o e s ! yes, you have to add cooked potatoes to this dough. you'll get a soft silky dough, very pleasing for handling ; the baked rolls are airy and fluffy. I didn't eat a soft-soft roll like this one before !
Adding potatoes to a yeast dough isn't a new thing..but I didn't try it with a sweet dough..
The full recipe can be found on
Mercury News site [ Life Style; Food  Wine ; Recipes , if you aren't a registered member of Mercury News.com yet, you can
Get instant access for free in few minutes , after that here is the link for
this recipe ]
* A similar recipe can be found here [Recipe Source],or a winners recipe for "Sweet Potato Cinnamon Rolls"- here [Southern Living]-I didn't try this one.
I've made only half of this recipe, so I gut 12 very big rolls.As we don't like extra sugar /topping , I use a topping made od 1/2 cup sugar (and Not 3 cups..)it's good for us this way.
Here are some fresh new pics of these soft rolls:






For the dough you need: (Makes 2 dozen rolls)
1 pound potatoes + 2 cups milk + 1 1/2 cups butter or margarine, divided use + 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided use + 1 teaspoon salt + 2 packages or 1 1/2 tablespoons dry yeast + 1/2 cup warm water (about 110 degrees) + 2 eggs + 2 teaspoons vanilla + 8 to 8 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
For cinnamon filling:2 tablespoons ground cinnamon + 3/4 cup granulated sugar + 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar + 1 cup raisins, soaked in warm water for 5 minutes .


On my first visit to a new (to me) food shop close to the place I'm working (to hard, thanks for asking..)I've found this Cookbook :"Sunset Recipe Annual 1997 edition", it was unexpected to find there this Cookbook (in a very good price ,here in Israel-only 50 shekel ! -1$ =3.6 shekel )
This Cookbook is full with great recipes, hundreds of delicious food ideas,fact-filled articles and much more.I've found there some Bread recipes which I couldn't find in any other Cookbook !
The first recipe I've baked from this Book , were the "Nut and Orange Biscotti" , very easy recipe, low fat.
We love Biscotti cookies all year round, even we don't use to dunk them into coffee..
This recipe is made of: recipe by Jennifer A. from Cal.

3/4 cup almonds+2 ts salad oil+ 3 large eggs+3/4 cup sugar+2 TB almond-flavor liqueur+1 TB vanilla+1 TB grated orange peel+1 ts almond extract+2 1/3 cups AP flour+2 ts baking powder+1/3 cup chopped semisweet chocolate.
 
Nut and Orange Biscotti ביסקוטי שקדים ותפוז


Pine and citrus biscotti - The recipe by Boxcar Kitchen+ last time I've baked these wonderful cookies [made for Ran]
The baked Pine and citrus biscotti ביסקוטי צנוברים ולימון
 

4 comments:

Marcela said...

You always discover great recipe sources...
Thanks and have a nice week!

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Those Cinnamon Rolls look really appealing and the Biscotti look particularly delicious!

Cheers,

Rosa

LA Nickers said...

Gee, I think I am gaining weight, just looking at these yummy photos! Looks amazing!

Linda
Nickers and Ink

Chanita Harel חני הראל said...

Thank you marcela ,
Have a great weekend ! :)


Thank you rosa,
I found out Biscotti cookies are our favorite cookie ever.. ;)

Hi Linda
Thank you , you're Welcome :-)

Creative Commons License
יצירה זו מופצת תחת רישיון ייחוס-שימוש לא מסחרי-איסור יצירות נגזרות 1.0 Israel של Creative Commons. Creative Commons License
by TwitterButton.com