December 12, 2005

Chestnut Finger Cookies


... Sorry ,I know they don't look perfect,But - they are crisp and Tasty !





















Made of chestnut puree ..
For 27-30 cookies you need:
75 gr soft butter
1/4 cup sugar
1 egg yolk
1/2 cup chestnut puree(creme de marron)
1/4 ts vanilla
1 cup AP flour
1/4 ts salt
1/4 ts cinnamon
1 egg white
____________
more sugar fore deeping the cookies
100 gr chocolate
_______________
Preheat the oven to 180C [350F)
Cream butter+sugar. add the egg yolk, beat until light and fluffy .
Add the chestnut puree, vanilla, mix .
Mix the floure+salt+cinnamon, than add to the cream mixture.
Make long cookies - like fingers(1 TB dough for 1 cookie)- 6 cm long,(you can flour your hand to roll them more easy).
Deep every cookie in the egg white (which tou whisk a bit before) and then deep it in the sugar..
Arange all fingers.. in a lagre baking dish with the sugar side above..
Bake for 15-20 minutes (until golden brown). Cool well
Melt chocolate and deep in it every cookie ..
Recipe is taken from the Book (The Hebrew version) Cookies and Candies/Ruth sirkis

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmh, I like chestnut cookies. I'm curious about your recipe;-)

Chanita Harel חני הראל said...

Hi ostweswind
Congratulations for your wining !!
I voted for your Wonderful cookies Too !
I visit your site often, and always Love what I see,everything always looks so tasty, like an Good Art - work.
My mom is reading your site too(the german version)
I hold myself Not to eat chetnut spread with full tea spoons..
Those cookies are my first try with this spread, the cookies look like fingers, hope to bake them very Soon..
Thank you ;)

sailu said...

Looking forward to this recipe,Chanith..:)

Chanita Harel חני הראל said...

Thanks , sailu :-)

Creative Commons License
יצירה זו מופצת תחת רישיון ייחוס-שימוש לא מסחרי-איסור יצירות נגזרות 1.0 Israel של Creative Commons. Creative Commons License
by TwitterButton.com