February 8, 2006

Salty Cookies and more

Joke of the week.. [askmen.com] Divorce :
An elderly man in Phoenix calls his son Bob in New York and says, "I hate to ruin your day, but your mother and I are divorcing. 45 years of misery is enough! I'm sick of her, and I'm sick of talking about this, so call your sister in Boston and tell her," and then hangs up.The son frantically calls his sister, who goes nuts upon hearing the news.She calls her father and yells, "You are not getting a divorce! Bob and I will be there tomorrow. Until then, don't do a single thing, do you hear me?"The father hangs up the phone, turns to his wife, and says, "It worked! The kids are coming for a visit, and they're paying their own way!"
The north, here in Israel, 2 days ago /Anat sakili- Ort Israel-Food f. [I wasn't there :-( ]
Black Forest Cherry Cheesecake- Recipe
Stir up the (stew)pot with some spice
This is "The Savory Notebook "- BlogOk.. here we are.. 8 Olive Rolls - Yummy :-)
__________________________________________________________________________________











I'm baking Those Eliotes again, but this time with real kalamata olives !





Salty Cookies / Hebrew עוגיות מלוחות
* 40 cookies *
500 gr AP flour
10 gr baking powder
1 1/2 ts salt
100 gr soft butter
1/2 cup water (=120 ml)
1/2 cup oil (=120 ml)
 

1 egg
Make the dough:
In a mixer bowl mix flour+salt+baking powder.
Add soft butter and mix to a crumbly mixture.
Add water and oil, and mix to a smooth dough (don't over mix it !)
Cover the dough and leave for 20 minutes.






















4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello chanit,

I want to know ..
How to cook salty cookies?
The recipe for this cookies is not complete in this blog.
So, could u send me the recipe details.

Thanks in advance

Chanita Harel חני הראל said...

Sorry, I'll write it soon .

Anonymous said...

Hi Chanit, did you post the rest of this recipe for the salty cookies?

Chanita Harel חני הראל said...

sorry, but not .

Creative Commons License
יצירה זו מופצת תחת רישיון ייחוס-שימוש לא מסחרי-איסור יצירות נגזרות 1.0 Israel של Creative Commons. Creative Commons License
by TwitterButton.com