World Bread Day 2007
Yes ,the second World Bread Day is taking place this week,it's coming .. on October 16th 2007 .
I want to thank again to zorra from kochtopf for organizing all these wonderful events and for hosting So many Breads around the world in her site. For more details on the coming World Bread Day 2007, please read on zorra's site - Here.
The World Bread Day is a Festive-day,So I hope this British Bread, which I've made in my small kitchen is nice and Festive for this celebration, even my Bread isn't perfect as it should be :-) ; You can read more about the Harvest Festival in UK and how to make the Harvest Bread - Here +about the Harvest loaf - Here, + How to make the loaf with steps - Here+another recipe for this Bread is Here(at the end of that page)+ Here [wikipedia].בקרוב-תצוגת כל הלחמים מיום הלחם העולמי
Harvest Festival Sheaf Bread
Harvest Festival Sheaf Bread - The Recipe לחם אסיף חגיגי
Based on the Book : The World Encyclopedia of Bread and Bread Making
The D o u g h is made of:
900 gr Bread flour+1 TB salt+15 gr fresh yeast+ 5 TB lukewarm milk+400 ml cold water
For the T o p p i n g :
1 egg + 1 TB milk --> beat together
H O W:
1. Mix dough ingradients and knead the dough for 10-15 minutes.
2. Cover the dough and let rise for about 1.5-2 hours, or until doubled in bulk.
3. Knead the dough for 1 minute, cover for 10 minutes.
4.Divide the dough in -2. roll out one piece to a 14 x 10 inch (35x24 cm),fold in half, lengthways; cut out half mushroom shape , place on a large baking sheet and open out.prick all over and brush with water.(reserve 75 gr dough to the tie. Divide remaining dough in 2, mix rest of trimming with one half
5. Roll remaining dough to 11x7 inch (28x18cm) , cut 30 thin strips, place them on the mushroom base, brush them with egg glaze.
6. Divide the larger piece of reserved dough to about 80-100 small balls, shape each one into ablong rolls to make the wheat ears (use scissors to make wheat shape).
7. Preheat the oven to 425 F (220C), arrange the ears on top of the mushroom, in rows, brush with egg glaze.
8. Divide the smaller piece of reserved dough into 6, and roll each one into a long strip,make 2 plaits each with 3 strips and place across the wheat stalks, brush with egg glaze.
9. Bake for 15 minutes,now (brush again with the egg glaze, which I didn't do this, by mistake..) reduce the temperature to 350F (180C) and bake for 30-35 minutes, until goldeb and firm.Leave to cool on the baking sheet.
...cut 30 thin strips...
...about 80-100 smal balls..
World Bread Day '07 - The roundup is online! -
183 entries with more than 200 recipes ! Thanks to zorra and all Foodies which participate in this wonderful Event ,we have a new Bread Cookbook now !
World Bread Day '07 - The roundup - part 1 (A-F)
World Bread Day '07 - The roundup - part 2 (G-I)
World Bread Day '07 - The roundup - part 3 (J-S)
World Bread Day '07 - The roundup - part 4 (T-Z)
Last year's World Bread Day roundup -2006 יום הלחם העולמי
תמונות ותכנים אלו וכל יתר החומרים בבלוג זה,אינם להפצה/עריכה/העברה או פרסום ללא רשותנו. תודה