Happy New Year To All of You !!Almond Biscotti ביסקוטי שקדים - מתכון בעברית-כאן
makes about 3 dozen cookies -
Adapted from America's Test Kitchen Family Baking Book by The Editors at America's Test Kitchen.
2 cups (10 ounces) all-purpose flour = 280 gr
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoon (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, softened - 60 gr
1 cup (7 ounces) sugar - 200 gr or less
2 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract - I didn't add
3/4 cup (3 3/4 ounces) almonds, toasted and chopped coarse - I use 100 gr
2 tablespoons grated fresh orange zest (optional)
H O W :
1. Heat the oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt together in a medium bowl.
2. In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar together using an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy, 3 to 6 minutes. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then the vanilla and almond extracts until combined, about 30 seconds, scraping down the bowl and beaters as needed.
3. Reduce the mixer speed to low and slowly mix in the flour mixture until combined, about 30 seconds. Mix in the almonds and zest (if using) until just incorporated.
4. Press the dough into two 13- by 2-inch loaves on the prepared baking sheet, spaced about 3 inches apart. Bake the loaves until golden and just beginning to crack at the top, about 35 (30) minutes, rotating the baking sheet halfway through the baking.
5. Let the loaves cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes. Lower the oven temperature to 325°F.
6. Transfer the loaves to a cutting board and slice each on the diagonal into 1/2-inch-thick slices with a serrated knife. Lay the slices about 1/2-inch apart on the baking sheet and bake until crisp and golden brown on both sides, about (10 ) 15 minutes, flipping the slices over halfway through the baking. Transfer the biscotti spices to a wire rack and let cool completely before serving . Full recipe
Chanit.H© כל הזכויות שמורות על תכנים ותמונות שלנו
התפרסם היום בבלוג האוכל של חנית ורן
This content belongs to Chanit Harel at My Mom’s Recipes And More. All writing and photography copyright © 2005-2009 unless otherwise indicated. All rights reserved.http://momsrecipesandmore.blogspot.com