World Bread Day 2011 -
My Beetroot Bread-A step by Step recipe :
Yes ! The Bread Party is here again !
The World Bread Day is taking place today : October 16th 2011.
I want to thank again zorra from kochtopf Cooking site for organizing all these wonderful events and for hosting So many Breads around the world in her site for all these years. It's the Best Bread Cookbook ever every year again.
This Bread is So easy to make, So soft, very Tasty and has a nice color . Just a perfect Bread with any spraed you like, or eat this Beet Bread with butter like I did... :) . A great surprise !
Beetroot Bread לחם סלק בעברית
What you'll need :
2 tsp dried yeast (=6 gr)
100ml double cream (or 38% fat cream)
1/2 tsp sugar
125g (4oz) cooked plain beetroot grated finely and drained well
450g (1lb) AP flour
1/2 tsp oil (not olive oil)
1 tsp salt
H O W :
1. Slightly warm the cream + the milk.
2. Sprinkle the yeast into the cream-milk, add the sugar, mix and leave for 15 minutes.
3. Put the beetroot and flour into a mixer bowl and stir in the salt and oil .mix (by hand).
4. Make a well in the centre and add the cream-milk- yeast mixture.
5. Mix well to form a dough (which at this point will be a spectacular pink in colour!).
6. Knead the dough for 10 minutes (with your mixer). (add 3-4 TB flour id needed)
7. Place in a clean oiled bowl.
8. Cover and leave in a warm place for 1 hour until doubled in size.
9. Knock the dough back and knead for few minutes.
10. Divide the dough into 2 parts (430 gr each one) and form into round loaves.
11. Place on a baking sheet and leave to stand for 30-35 minutes. (It's better to sprinkle flour on top of each Bread).
12. Bake at 190C for about 35-40 minutes until the loaf sounds hollow when tapped on its base.
Idea for this recipe (with changes) from this recipe.
Few Tips for you :
*When you use cooked beet you'll get a yellow Bread .With uncooked beets you'll get a pink bread (but
please, don't try the uncooked version here)
* You can use single cream instead of double cream and the milk (there is no single cream here in Israel).
My Beetroot Bread - here is how it's done:
The Beet (only 1 -there will be leftover) before cooking :
Cook the Beetroot in pure water (don't add salt or sugar) until soft, for 30-40 minutes:
Here is the cooked Beetroot (Cool it, then grated finely, draine well before adding to the flour):
Now add the Beets to the flour:
Add the cream-milk-yeast mixture (after letting it stand for 15 minutes, only few bubbles. it's OK):
Knead for 10 minutes:
After the dough is doubled in size.. after kneading it again, divide it into 2 (430 gr each one) and form into 2 round and nice loaves :
... leave to stand for 30-35 minutes :
Here is the baked Bread:
Chanita Harel© כל הזכויות שמורות על תכנים ותמונות שלנו התפרסם היום בבלוג האוכל של חניתה הראל ורן פודפורנו זה שלנו This content(+FoodPorn)belongs to Chanita Harel at My Mom’s Recipes And More. All writing and photography copyright © 2005-2011 unless otherwise indicated. All rights reserved.http://momsrecipesandmore.blogspot.com