March 14, 2007

Focaccia

Few days after our wonderful meal at Raphael's restro-bistro ,I couldn't stop thinking about that long and tasty Focaccia we ate there...so I asked for a recipe for this Bread in the Hebrew Food forum (ort) and was looking for the right recipe in the Israeli net too. 2 recipes were found: the first one was written by Yael p. from Ort- this was Boaz Sharbai's recipe (I)for 4 Breads, the results.. were good , but it's wasn't that focaccia (thr 'real' one is baked in a professional oven at the restaurant , maybe with stones..); The next recipe was found in "Al hashulchan" site , I'm not sure this is the real Rapheal's recipe (II) for that focaccia, but I felt I have to try it too, and Today ! .I have to admit :the 2 recipes are good , but I didn't get the Focaccia I was looking for ..
Focaccia IFocaccia I /Chef Boaz Shrbai פוקצ'ה לפי השף בועז שרעבי500 gr AP flour
10 gr olive oil (1 1/2 TB)
10 gr salt
5 gr fresh yeast or 1 ts dry yeast (=1 ts)
30 gr sugar (I use only 2 ts sugar)
300 ml water
knead a dough and let it rise for 1 hour.cut to- 4 parts and let them rise for another 30 minutes, covered.roll each part to a ball and let them rise for 30 minutes more.stretche each one to a long oval (now you can brush it with olive oil ans salt/ add onion, olives...); Bake in a very hot oven 6-10 minutes. brush the baked Focaccia with olive oil .. salt.
מתקבלות 4 פוקצ'ות מאורכות ודיי רכות, ניתן למילוי כמו פיתה- טעים אבל לא כפי שאכלנו במסעדה

Focaccia II Focaccia II /Chef Rafi Cohen-" פוקאצ'ה לפי השף רפי כהן מ"על השולחן
for 15 small Breads

1 kg AP flour
1/2 TB sugar
30 gr fresh yeast or 10 gr dry yeast
1/2 TB salt
700-800 water
Make a dough ,knead for 10 minutes, let it rise for 2 hours.[If you have a large baking stone, heat it first (350c)] -- if you don't use a baking stone, like me, preheat the oven to 220C, divide the dough to 15 balls, make a long oval shape from each one , add olive oil and salt, let them rise for 10 minutes and bake them in the hot oven for 7-10 minutes..מתקבלות חמישה עשר פוקצ'ות קטנות יחסית פריכות מבחוץ, עם חללי אויר בפנים-טעימות אבל שוב:לא כפי שאכלנו במסעדה, מתברר שתנור לבנים מקצועי ומתכון לגמריי מדוייק - אולי בצק נוזלי יותר עושים את המאפה במסעדה כל כל טעים
The 2 Breads - left- the above II recipe and right is the I recipe
Ran's salad - small radishes with mixed pickles - yummy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You never stop amazing me with the great creativity you have when baking is all about. Why should that be?... Of course is Chanit!!. Problem is I came to visit your blog and I haven't eaten yet so you can imagine my face now ah?!. Fat hugs from me to you. Hope you are right.

Chanita Harel חני הראל said...

dear roberto ,
I'm sorry about my late answer
I realy want to thank you for all of your sweet comments and for visiting me !!!

* Even this wasn't the 'real' Focaccia like we ate there , I'll keep tring more and more .... ;-)

Creative Commons License
יצירה זו מופצת תחת רישיון ייחוס-שימוש לא מסחרי-איסור יצירות נגזרות 1.0 Israel של Creative Commons. Creative Commons License
by TwitterButton.com